Friday, March 6, 2009

As Long As He's Uncomfortable Too...

I’m cold. It’s 73 degrees inside my house and I feel like I’m in a meat locker.

There is this ongoing battle in our house for temperature control. It’s a nasty one too…with all sorts of mock guilt trips being tossed around like salmon at a fish market. The problem? Chris is perpetually sweating-to-the-oldies hot at any temperature above 67. I am perpetually hell-just-froze-over cold at any temperature below 77. And so, we both end up being perpetually uncomfortable because the definition of “compromise” always means lose/lose at our house.

In the battle of wills, that Chris is a wiley one.

I woke up a couple of mornings ago to all the windows in the house completely open.

I promptly began to close all of said windows.

“What are you doing?”

“Closing the windows.”

Whining like a baby, “Ahhh, it was finally starting to get comfortable in here.”

Also whining like a baby, “Baaabe! I’m soooo cold. It’s like 40 degrees outside and the thermostat says 65!”

Trying to guilt-trip me, “I guess what I want doesn’t matter.”

Unphased, “You’re right, it doesn’t.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog from a link on Heidi's -- It is great to see how you are doing. I can't believe how time flies. The last time I saw your oldest boy he was just a new born. It looks like you two are doing great -- despite the temperature wars. We tend to have the same problem.